Wednesday 1 June 2011

Miami Ghetto : Sunday Bloody Sunday

As some people have not been able to live vicariously through me (cough *Jyana* cough), I'm having an early night to recover from yet another morning flight. I must have sub-consciously have wanted to get no sleep on this trip.

Sunday started out very tame and ended even softer. I woke up in the morning with the purpose of going to South Beach Divers to book the scuba dive. Unfortunately there were still remnants zombie-ing around. I wish they were actually like zombies and didn't speak coherent words - the guys were still able to mumble out a 'Hey Chinatown' every so often. 


Afterwards I wandered along Collins St which is considered the shopping street. I found Urban Outfitters, True Religion (got the Mistys for Kitty!), Sephora, Steve Madden, GAP, Armani, Diesel etc etc. It was either Washington St or Collins St that had a cafe where you could do shisha but the thought of:
a) being a nigel
b) surrounded by idiots with one pickup line
was enough to deter me. I will have to take Gaby out to Bankstown one day to get my fix. I'd rather risk a drive-by shooting than be uncomfortable.


The Art Deco Welcome Centre was in sight on Ocean Drive. They had walking tours that outlines the history of the area which would have been fascinating had I gone on one. As such, they were booked out and I wasn't able to get any time to go on one. I did a book an Everglades tour for the next day so it wasn't a complete loss.


Did some boring basic human functions such as eat lunch and have drinks. 

Hit the beach around 2pm. I remember being in the water for well over an hour and combined with my massive frozen cocktail, I had a nap basking under the warm sun. I must have been comatose as I felt myself being awaken and surrounded by concerned beachgoers, i.e. the group that had plonked themselves almost on top of me. They thought I had passed out as I had my empty cocktail cup next to my head. After reassuring them that I was ok and that's what we do in Australia when we're at the beach, a wingwoman said to me 'You're so cute! Have you ever been with a black man?' I told her that since there was not really a lot of them back home, no I hadn't been with one and neither did I want to start. That didn't stop her keen friend from trying to pick me up grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Rogue wave
Homies amazed that cameras can go in the water
Testing out the new Lumix camera










Looking back at the beach












I stayed at the beach till 8pm in which I decided to scoot home as I could hear the pulsing bass of some rapper. I walked past a club that had a headline which spelt 'Pray for Sean Kingston' - there were a bunch of big mammas that were dancing to 'Beautiful girl'. Irritating song.


I was so knackered that I Googled 'South Beach' and 'sushi'. Lo and behold I discovered that I could have sushi delivered to my room! abotu 40 minutes later, takoyaki balls and a massive sushi set containing salmon and cream cheese, california rolls and sashimi arrived. I was in heaven. After a diet of absolute s*&t of burgers, pizzas, burgers, pizzas and chips (and feeling like I am going to work extra hard at pole to get rid of any weight!) I could finally eat rice! And fish! And miniscule vegetables!


I pretty much fell asleep during my dinner and very happily after dinner. Luckily I didn't spill it all over my bedsheets (*cough Jyana cough*)

No comments:

Post a Comment