Wednesday 1 June 2011

Kokomo : Key Largo

As I am progressively becoming lazier with this post (I've already written 2 and I'm getting sleepy!), I will be very brief with this one.

8am - Meet at dive shop and fill out forms. Due to the storm the previous night, there were 4 - 6ft swells so the captain cancelled the boat. Decide to go to a sheltered lagoon instead to dive. 2 German guys decide to bail. A lovely Swiss girl by the name of Sarah decides to kick on. Get sized up for equipment and head to Flamingo hotel for pool session.

10am - Finish the pool session and start driving towards Key Lago
10.45am - Stop off and buy Subway for lunch. Am starving! They didn't have a pizza sub so I ordered a Spicy Italian instead. Was overjoyed at finding peanut butter cookies and raspberry cheesecake cookies. Guy behind the counter thought it mildly amusing that I was so excited about said cookies. raspberry is awesome, peanut butter is dry and disappointing
11.15am - Arrive at the lagoon. Put our gear on and do 2 x 20 min dives
12.30pm - Finish dives, pack up and head home
1.30pm - Arrive back at the dive shop. Sarah and I decide to buy sushi for lunch and go to the beach. Have many hours chilling out in the ocean and sand. Talked about the mystery that is men and laughed at a group of Belgium guys that were intent on picking her up. One guy asked her whether she was going out that night about 5 times. The same guy had a look of disgust when I told him I was 27. He was the old ripe age of 21. Geez.
6.30pm - Decide to leave the beach and go shopping. In particular a college jacket for Sarah's younger sister. We didn't find one but we did buy nice Venetian masks! I'm so ready for the next masquerade I get invited to!
7.00pm - Departed for dinner but agreed to text once finished and meet up for drinks along Ocean Drive.
Started packing my bags and realised that my flight was not at 10am but at 7.45am. That meant I had to be up by 5.45am. Sad face.
10.30pm - Meet up at the dive shop and stroll to Ocean Drive. Realise the place is dead because the Miami Heats were playing in some final (?). Sat at a restaurant where they were playing Lady Gaga (in joke - it seemed that now all that Memorial Day was over, all the songs that we could hear being played in every single store was Lady Gaga)
12.05am - Said our goodbyes and I tottered home with a bit too much too drink. Had an ok night sleep if it wasn't for me waking up every hour because I thought my alarm had gone off!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment