Tuesday 24 May 2011

D (eparture) Day - Minus 12 hrs

Tuesday (EST) 23:21
Sydney. 13ºC. Cloudy/rainy


Huddled in front of heater warmth, I stumbled (read: Googled) this gem of a quote: 

Half the fun of travel is the esthetic of lostness

Eight months seems like an extraordinarily amount of time, but geez does it go like there's no tomorrow.
To contradict the above statement, there is a tomorrow and I will be flying out to the summery US at 10:45. Presumably to increase fun by 50% via appreciating the beauty of getting lost in a different country.

Farewell desk! Farewell Unilever!
For those not in the know, I had booked a return flight to Las Vegas on August 27 last year with the reasoning that they were a steal at $1198.26. 

To further lessen the guilt of yet another impulsive buy, I justified in my mind that it would be a congratulatory holiday for being single for a whole year - despite that the singledom period was only really 344 days. 

I digress. 

I bid farewell to my desk this afternoon.




Packed much?
Hopefully this will be the most boring post I'll type on this blog - mainly due to the fact that nothing eventful has happened aside from a final check of my clothes and remembering that I must call the banks and Telstra after 8am regarding overseas travel. 

On the Singapore/Thailand holiday, I'd forgotten to notify the banks and Telstra of my overseas junket and had my credit cards frozen plus a phone with no network. 
Come to think of it, I'd forgotten to do the same for New Zealand. 

I think there is a trend happening here...






To avoid an onslaught of Mobile Uploads and status updates on FB, I'll attempt to post as much as I can on this blog. However I will check-in to places just so I can be traceable (and gloat).


Love love and good night!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment